Thursday, March 18, 2010

Getting There

In a few days I am going to become a Senior Citizen, 65 years of age. With luck I have another 25 years to live. WOW, that is a long time! I feel absolutely blessed.

I want to give birth to a new me for the last chapter of my life. I have so much to give, and still so much to learn.

A sense of joy and accomplishment fills me at the realization that I have the awareness of my inevitable passing, which makes every single moment meaningful and exciting.

I know now that I will embrace the moment of my death when it arrives. During my last chapter - that will be my lesson: learning how to die.

We could all reinvent ourselves as many times as we need to. A ‘rebirthing day’ can be any day for you now. I invite you to join me in the purpose to find and deliver what we were meant to be doing, and to putting it on life’s plate.

To sit and contemplate with gratitude what we have learned, to embrace the people that accept us for who we are, and be able to give all that love back. To every one: to the people in the subway that we will never see again, to that difficult neighbor that acted irresponsibly, to the person in the office that makes our days a little bit more stressful that is needed, to the homeless dude that complimented your good looks, to the kids laughing and screaming with joy in the playground.

Take a couple of deep breaths, feel your feet on the ground, your hands typing, your eyes reading. Get back to your center and into this precious moment we call the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment